If you’re not having funfetti cake for your birthday each year, you might not be getting the most out of your life. My birthday is next week, and even though I’ll be experimenting with a new funfetti poke cake recipe (yes, that means you’ll probably get two funfetti posts in a row), I really had the urge to bake today. With funfetti on my mind, and a box of cake mix shouting at me from the pantry, I made the executive decision to bake the following drool-worthy recipe. You’re welcome.
These Funfetti Cake Bars are SUPER easy to make and hardly take any time to prep. They’re healthier than your average cake bars, but still come out moist, soft, and funfetti perfect. I’ve only used the word “funfetti” 6 (now 7) times in the last few sentences. It’s hard not to use it more. It’s also hard not to eat the entire pan sitting on my stove. It’s a funfetti struggle we all have to live with.
What you’ll need:
1 box funfetti cake mix
1/4 cup coconut oil (or canola, vegetable, etc…)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup sprinkles
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (semi-sweet is fine, too)
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease 11×7 nonstick pan (8×8 would work, too!)
3. Beat cake mix, coconut oil, applesauce, and egg in a medium size bowl.
4. Fold in sprinkles and white chocolate chips
5. Spread mixture evenly in pan
6. Bake 25 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
7. Cool in pan until room temperature, or until you can’t wait anymore. Cut into squares and serve!