Normally when my husband’s birthday comes each year, I get a special request for some kind of peach dessert, usually something in the cobbler area. So you can imagine my surprise when this year he requested a dessert I make for Pie Day and get-togethers with friends… Peanut Butter Pie.
Let me start with how EASY this thing is to whip up. Plus, it’s quite light for a dessert, while holding on to all of the rich flavors of peanut butter we know so well. I originally found the recipe here, from Gina at SkinnyTaste.
Per Ryan’s orders, I swapped out the graham cracker crust for an oreo crust, and we served it with cookies and cream ice cream and the usual overwhelming amount of whipped cream. Dig in!
What you’ll need:
1 pre-made graham cracker or oreo pie crust
1/2 cup powdered sugar
5 oz. reduced fat or neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup natural peanut butter (Jif is our favorite!)
1 tub (8 oz.) low fat or fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to make it:
1. Beat together powdered sugar and cream cheese in a bowl.
2. Add peanut butter and beat until smooth.
3. Beat or fold in whipped topping until combined.
4. Pour filling into pie crust. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
5. Refrigerate 2-3 hours until firm.